Pharmaguy interviews Lisa Valtierra
, Principal, Valtierra Consulting and former Associate Director of Cross Cultural Marketing at Boehringer Ingelheim (see Bio
). Lisa reveals how Boehringer Ingelheim engaged U.S. hispanics about diabetes in a culturally-relevant manner via TV, mobile, and the Web.
Recorded on Tuesday, 29 March 2016
Check Out More Podcasts by Pharmaguy
You can also visit this Pharma Marketing Talk Segment Page to listen to the archived audio podcast. This show and ALL Pharma Marketing Talk shows are available as podcasts via PMT on iTunes (FREE!).
In 2015, Boehringer teamed up with Univison in a "ground-breaking campaign" to drive awareness for Type 2 Diabetes through storyline integrations in the original production, "Bajo el Mismo Cielo" (Under the Same Sky). Storyline integrations will follow André s Cabrera, a character suffering from Type 2 Diabetes, as he manages his disease. The integrations were supported by a custom vignette airing in conjunction with the storyline and hosted by actor Juan Cepero in character as Cabrera, who will encourage viewers to visit www.cuidatudon.com for more information about Type 2 Diabetes.
Questions/Topics of Discussion
- Telemundo was the media partner and produced "Bajo El Mismo Cielo"
- First-ever collaboration on a telenovela between pharma and Spanish media
- 360 campaign that included a strong web-presence on Telemundo.com
- The character in the telenovela discussed type 2 diabetes in on-line vignettes
- Everything directed back to the campaign website
- Campaign also had a CRM component
- Campaign won 7 awards at DTC Multicultural Health Conference in October, 2015
Lisa Valtierra is a leading cross-cultural marketing and advocacy expert in the pharmaceutical and healthcare fields. Valtierra has proven success in crafting Spanish and English campaigns that resonate with U.S. Latino consumers and broader audiences. She is also a seasoned liaison who can inspire creative and business teams to spark behind award-winning marketing efforts.
Lisa was Associate Director of Cross Cultural Marketing at BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM when she worked on the Telemundo campaign. Before that she was Advocacy Relations Manager at Abbott Laboratories.