Click Here for Additional Resources
A conversation with Shona L. Davies, Global Communications & Programme Leader, Associate Director, Merck Customer Centricity, Merck & Co Inc. (see Bio) about Univadis, a leading and exclusive online service from Merck/MSD that delivers customer-centric content and high quality medical information to healthcare professionals.
Aired LIVE on:
Friday, October 4, 2013.
You can visit this Pharma Marketing Talk Segment Page and listen to the live show or the archived audio podcast afterward. This show and ALL Pharma Marketing Talk shows are available as podcasts via PMT on iTunes (FREE!).
- Give us a quick overview of Univadis, its history, its users, and the most popular aspects of the site with users.
- It doesn't appear that Univadis includes discussion boards like some other physician/HCP portals such as DocCheck and Sermo. Are there any plans to add that feature to Univadis in the near future?
- In the U.S. there is Merck Medicus, which is similar to Univadis. Why the different brand?
- Since Merck offers free services to physicians in the U.S. via Merck Medicus, do you have to account for this under the new physician "sunshine" law?
- What's next for Univadis?
Shona Davies is originally a chemist but discovered early on that she didn't enjoy
researching whether acid rain had a deleterious effect on the reproductive
efficacy of earthworms. Sojourns into explosives, wine production and petrochemistry
didn't set off fireworks either but a role with Accenture introduced her to
"online" and she hasn't looked back since.
Shona has spent 13 years working in the digital space across many industries
and 10 years with Univadis. Univadis is one of the world's largest online HCP
communities, providing free and non-promotional education, news and
information across 40 countries, in 20 languages to over 2m members. She loves
her job and is passionate about the difference that Univadis can make in